Thursday, September 3, 2009

caffeine fiend

My damn coffee grinder died this morning. I was just at Target yesterday. Really?!?! In efforts to save my pennies (and therefore deflate Target's stock a bit), I've been trying super hard not to go to Target four times a week. I'm seeing this as a set-back in the making.

Naturally, I was running late for work and didn't have time to stop at a Peet's (not Starbucks, folks. Peets. Starbucks is icky). The coffee here at the office comes from a frozen can, and is pretty much transparent before adding anything. Add to this the fact that we maintain no actual half-and-half and that the only sugar in this building is white and refined, and you've got a decaffeinated, unpleased girl.

Deeply contemplating leaving work right now to go find a Peet's...this is ridiculous.

PS: Rob's in Costa Rica. The coffee capital of el mundo, verdad?! Can't find a decent cuppa joe. Clearly the coffee gods are against us this morning. Bring it, I say...bring it.

PPS: A gentle reminder brought to my attention that I'll be in Bean country in just 36 hours folks...Caramel Iced Blendeds - here I come!

1 comment:

  1. You know what else socal has to offer? Bruegger's bagels. You know what should be featured at Bruegger's bagels right now? PUMPKIN BAGELS, CREAM CHEESE, AND COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete