Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ugh. i both love and loathe the internet.

I LOVE that the internet can connect me to things/people/places all over the world, and that I can track down info without ever having to talk to another human being if I don't feel like it.

I LOATHE the fact that I don't have internet at Casa Saratoga, and that I have to schlep my laptop down the hill any time I want to do something online.

I LOVE that we've downloaded Skype (have I mentioned that I adore it?!) so we'll be able to talk to family/friends while abroad, and that I was able to talk to Rob (he's in Shanghai right now) this morning before work.

I LOATHE when internet signals are not strong enough to actually be useful. Between the scrambled sound and the lack of video connectivity on my end, I must admit that I'm a bit frustrated with my beloved internet this morning.


Okay, so I might be done bitching...maybe. Sum and I are planning an internet/blog-date this evening, so I hope to learn (?) how to add videos to my new shiny blog...although I don't think its that difficult. Whatever.

Enjoy your day, everybody. And if you see Mr. Internet, give him a nice punch in the face for me, just because...

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it is one of the most frustrating things, Mr Internet. Love-hate, over and over again. Makes me want to pull my hair out. Opps, to late....

    Let's drown him in Mr Water.

    DH

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard that illegal pot farms have broadband internet access as a standard. can't you just tap into the casa next door and get what you need. i'm sure if you asked nicely it would work.

    ReplyDelete