I did get scolded for taking this pic in the store...which I'll attribute to toughening my skin for my big photo shoot with Marco the monkey. I can play the tourist role. I can.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
imagine one of these inside a Target
I'll admit that I have a love-hate relationship with Mexican commerce. I'm super pissed that while I'm in the cheapest damn country in the world, I can't find anything I actually want to buy. UGH. However, I'd like to share a little gem of Mexican amor with you... 


This, my friends, is a panederia. It's an entire section of the grocery store that is home to delicious little baked treats. You take a pan and a pair of tongs and wander around, choosing whatever yummy goodness you want. Fresh baked bread, cupcakes, cakes, churros, muffins, you name it, it's there. Then, you take your full tray of love to the register inside the panederia and they box it up for you and slap a sticker on it so you can pay for it with your other items. Oh, GOD. We're lucky that we don't have these at home...I'd never leave the damn store.
I did get scolded for taking this pic in the store...which I'll attribute to toughening my skin for my big photo shoot with Marco the monkey. I can play the tourist role. I can.
I did get scolded for taking this pic in the store...which I'll attribute to toughening my skin for my big photo shoot with Marco the monkey. I can play the tourist role. I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nice posts. good for you for getting through 'scolding' for taking a picture. my dad had a pose he called 'little orphan annie' he used when taking pics of things he probably shouldn't have. it worked everywhere except the old soviet era russia (but that's a story for a different time). so keep practicing your best innocent look and you should get away with just about anything.
ReplyDeletejust remember that step-dad advise waiver thing though. if you end up in the local jail it's not my fault.